Northern Suburbs News
Norwich cop wounded in hours-long standoff
NORWICH -- A hospital has upgraded the condition of a Norwich police officer who was wounded in an hours-long standoff.
A spokesman for Yale-New Haven Hospital said Tuesday morning that Officer Jonathan Ley, who was shot numerous times on Monday, was upgraded to serious from critical.
Police say the apartment complex where an armed man held officers at bay remained an active crime scene Tuesday morning, more than 12 hours after it began.
Police also reduced their presence outside the Cedar Glen Apartment Complex early Tuesday morning.
Authorities arrived at about 2:45 p.m. Monday after getting a report that an armed man threatened to provoke police into killing him.
Police would not immediately provide details Tuesday about the standoff.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, police officer shot, northern suburbs news
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze being laid to rest 34 min ago
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger 41 min ago
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Demolition underway after NJ fire;...
41 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze...
34 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos