Northern Suburbs News
Norwich cop wounded in hours-long standoff
NORWICH -- A hospital has upgraded the condition of a Norwich police officer who was wounded in an hours-long standoff.
A spokesman for Yale-New Haven Hospital said Tuesday morning that Officer Jonathan Ley, who was shot numerous times on Monday, was upgraded to serious from critical.
Police say the apartment complex where an armed man held officers at bay remained an active crime scene Tuesday morning, more than 12 hours after it began.
Police also reduced their presence outside the Cedar Glen Apartment Complex early Tuesday morning.
Authorities arrived at about 2:45 p.m. Monday after getting a report that an armed man threatened to provoke police into killing him.
Police would not immediately provide details Tuesday about the standoff.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, police officer shot, northern suburbs news
- At least 2 dead, 30 hurt in East Harlem explosion 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion
- Video: Emergency personnel investigating East...
- Video: How will the East Harlem explosion affect...
- Video: Building explosion rattles East Harlem
- Video: De Blasio: Gas leak complaint came in 15...
- Video: Residents near East Harlem explosion...
- Video: Woman hears East Harlem Explosion, thought...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination