Northern Suburbs News
Parents arrested after high schoolers party at home
NEW YORK (WABC) -- In Westchester County, a harsh lesson for any parent who thinks it's OK for teenagers to party at their house illegally drinking and smoking dope.
A mom and dad are charged after scores of teenagers show up at their son's party in Cortlandt.
There was no one home at the Alverez house on Tuesday night.
37-year-old Bolivar Alverez and his 38-year-old wife Gladys were perhaps keeping a low profile after their arrest over the weekend.
Neighbor Marienne Lawrence heard some of the commotion late Saturday night.
"I knew it was a party, didn't know where it was coming from," Lawrence said.
Police say it was coming from 201 Buttonwood Avenue. According to investigators, the Alvarez house across from Hudson Valley Hospital Center had become party central.
The small house was packed with teenagers, 80 to 100 high schoolers.
"What did you see when you got home?" Eyewitness News asked.
"Just cars, actually couldn't park in front of my house," said Tricia Griffith, a neighbor.
But what neighbors didn't see was what was happening inside, and allegedly with the parents' knowledge.
According to investigators there was alcohol and drugs in the house.
Now the couple is facing a slew of legal problems and the scorn of some of their neighbors.
"Parents have to be more responsible," a neighbor said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
cortlandt manor, northern suburbs news, jeff pegues
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face 18 min ago
- Russians, Crimeans discuss referendum on joining Russia
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos