Northern Suburbs News
Woman killed when husband drives wrong way
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A woman was killed after her husband drove the wrong way on the New York State Thruway for miles.
State police say 81-year-old Alvin Lapides drove north in the southbound lanes, starting in Nanuet.
He went nine miles in the wrong direction until he hit another car head on in Ramapo.
His wife, Madeline, was killed in the crash.
The other driver was not injured.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
nanuet, ramapo, wrong way driver, northern suburbs news
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded 53 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- Funeral held for NYPD traffic agent hit by truck
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- US vet, 85, back home after detained in North Korea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary