Northern Suburbs News
First permanent memorial to Sandy Hook victims complete
NEWTOWN (WABC) -- The first permanent memorial to the school shooting victims in Newtown, Connecticut is now complete.
There are 26 stars on the roof of the Sandy Hook firehouse - one for each of the people killed in the attack.
There are small stars for the 20 first graders, and larger stars for the teachers and principal who lost their lives.
The first responders at the station say they hope the memorial stands as a beacon of hope and a symbol of unity after the tragedy.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, school lockdown, shooting, newtown, newtown school shooting, mass shooting, northern suburbs news
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers investigated 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 24 min ago
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers...
12 min ago