Northern Suburbs News
First permanent memorial to Sandy Hook victims complete
NEWTOWN (WABC) -- The first permanent memorial to the school shooting victims in Newtown, Connecticut is now complete.
There are 26 stars on the roof of the Sandy Hook firehouse - one for each of the people killed in the attack.
There are small stars for the 20 first graders, and larger stars for the teachers and principal who lost their lives.
The first responders at the station say they hope the memorial stands as a beacon of hope and a symbol of unity after the tragedy.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, school lockdown, shooting, newtown, newtown school shooting, mass shooting, northern suburbs news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death 47 min ago
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar 29 min ago
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving 37 min ago
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral 11 min ago
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Charges expected in fraternity death
47 min ago