Northern Suburbs News
Facebook clue in murder of Ulster County woman
KINGSTON, N.Y. (WABC) -- There is a murder mystery in Ulster County.
A 45-year-old woman found dead in her Kingston home.
A tip on Facebook led police straight to a very big clue in the case.
Right now, investigators are trying to retrace the victim's steps starting from when they learn of the death then moving backwards to find out where she's been and who she's been with.
Investigators carried out boxes of evidence from the Third Avenue home after spending hours combing the two story house.
"Detectives have been around. They're questioning people," said Lynn Smith, a neighbor, "The police showed me a picture last night."
Police released a picture of the victim, 45-year-old Anita Jacobs-Royer.
She was a jewelry maker that neighbors say was extremely friendly.
"She told me her husband had left her. She seemed like a really nice lady," said Sara Singleton, a neighbor.
Jacobs-Royer was found dead inside her Kingston home Sunday evening.
Investigators are not releasing details about her death, but are calling it suspicious.
"She has a friend that she'd been in close contact with on a regular basis who was concerned that she hadn't heard from her, so she called the police and ask that the police would drive by and see if everything is okay," said Holley Carnright, Ulster County District Attorney.
Police also used social media and asked the public to keep an eye out for the victim's 1998 black Isuzu Trooper.
They later found it through tips on the department's Facebook page.
Neighbors say they also recently saw a strange man pacing up and down the block and regret not going with their gut.
"I'm kind of creeped out. I hope they find out who did it," Singleton said.
So far, no one is under arrest and no motive has been released.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
ulster county, murder, northern suburbs news, carolina leid
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 22 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos