Northern Suburbs News
Woman falls through floor, dies in home
STONY POINT (WABC) -- A freak accident in Stony Point, Rockland County killed a woman inside her home.
Eyewitness News is told 63-year-old Diane Wilson was found trapped in her bathroom floor.
Officials report she actually fallen through her floor, or at least a leg fell through and then she became trapped.
Neighbors believe there had been some water damage to her floor, which may have compromised the structure.
When she failed to show up for work for at least three days, her supervisor apparently called authorities. The victim worked as a nurse.
Sadly, help would come too late.
Residents on Cricket Town Road say the victim cared for her 91-year-old elderly mother. Officials say Rosemary Wilson was bedridden and pretty incoherent and could not answer any questions.
The elderly mother has since been removed from the house and brought to the hospital.
Police do not suspect any foul play.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
rockland county, stony point, accident, northern suburbs news, lucy yang
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet 28 min ago
- Paterson fire guts 3 buildings, displaces families
- 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners recalled
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 42 min ago
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show 19 min ago
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos