Northern Suburbs News
Woman falls through floor, dies in home
STONY POINT (WABC) -- A freak accident in Stony Point, Rockland County killed a woman inside her home.
Eyewitness News is told 63-year-old Diane Wilson was found trapped in her bathroom floor.
Officials report she actually fallen through her floor, or at least a leg fell through and then she became trapped.
Neighbors believe there had been some water damage to her floor, which may have compromised the structure.
When she failed to show up for work for at least three days, her supervisor apparently called authorities. The victim worked as a nurse.
Sadly, help would come too late.
Residents on Cricket Town Road say the victim cared for her 91-year-old elderly mother. Officials say Rosemary Wilson was bedridden and pretty incoherent and could not answer any questions.
The elderly mother has since been removed from the house and brought to the hospital.
Police do not suspect any foul play.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
rockland county, stony point, accident, northern suburbs news, lucy yang
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler 46 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 23 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
46 min ago