Northern Suburbs News
Baby born during blizzard in hospital parking lot
NORWICH, Conn. -- Her timing could have been better, but to her parents, the baby who was born in a hospital parking lot in the blizzard is perfect.
The Bulletin reports that the baby, Elizabeth Judy, wasn't due until Feb. 23 and was to be delivered at St. Francis Hospital in Hartford.
But Donna Ambrosia went into labor at home on Friday and a Colchester ambulance took her and her husband, James, to Norwich.
James said that even with a plow escort, the ambulance ride took 45 minutes through the blizzard.
The baby was born in the back of the ambulance as it arrived at the hospital, helped by a doctor who ran out of the emergency room and into the ambulance as it pulled into the parking lot.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, baby, northern suburbs news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: 'Amazing' no one died in train crash 12 min ago
- Police say fatal Greenwich Village shooting a hate crime 16 min ago
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Video: Marine, dog reunited in surprise ceremony
- Oxbow wins the Preakness Stakes 1 min ago
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at...
22 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos