Northern Suburbs News
Baby born during blizzard in hospital parking lot
NORWICH, Conn. -- Her timing could have been better, but to her parents, the baby who was born in a hospital parking lot in the blizzard is perfect.
The Bulletin reports that the baby, Elizabeth Judy, wasn't due until Feb. 23 and was to be delivered at St. Francis Hospital in Hartford.
But Donna Ambrosia went into labor at home on Friday and a Colchester ambulance took her and her husband, James, to Norwich.
James said that even with a plow escort, the ambulance ride took 45 minutes through the blizzard.
The baby was born in the back of the ambulance as it arrived at the hospital, helped by a doctor who ran out of the emergency room and into the ambulance as it pulled into the parking lot.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, baby, northern suburbs news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97