Northern Suburbs News
Baby born during blizzard in hospital parking lot
NORWICH, Conn. -- Her timing could have been better, but to her parents, the baby who was born in a hospital parking lot in the blizzard is perfect.
The Bulletin reports that the baby, Elizabeth Judy, wasn't due until Feb. 23 and was to be delivered at St. Francis Hospital in Hartford.
But Donna Ambrosia went into labor at home on Friday and a Colchester ambulance took her and her husband, James, to Norwich.
James said that even with a plow escort, the ambulance ride took 45 minutes through the blizzard.
The baby was born in the back of the ambulance as it arrived at the hospital, helped by a doctor who ran out of the emergency room and into the ambulance as it pulled into the parking lot.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, baby, northern suburbs news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 34 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 16 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide 17 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss 1 min ago
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning
- Toms River pummeled with snow
57 min ago
- Motorists line up at gas stations, prepare...
17 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
34 min ago
- NYC Agencies preparing for first snowfall...
29 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos