Northern Suburbs News
Baby born during blizzard in hospital parking lot
NORWICH, Conn. -- Her timing could have been better, but to her parents, the baby who was born in a hospital parking lot in the blizzard is perfect.
The Bulletin reports that the baby, Elizabeth Judy, wasn't due until Feb. 23 and was to be delivered at St. Francis Hospital in Hartford.
But Donna Ambrosia went into labor at home on Friday and a Colchester ambulance took her and her husband, James, to Norwich.
James said that even with a plow escort, the ambulance ride took 45 minutes through the blizzard.
The baby was born in the back of the ambulance as it arrived at the hospital, helped by a doctor who ran out of the emergency room and into the ambulance as it pulled into the parking lot.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, baby, northern suburbs news
- At least 2 dead, 55 hurt in East Harlem explosion 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 6 min ago
- Limited Metro-North service restored after East Harlem explosion 1 min ago
- Video: Emergency personnel investigating East...
- Video: How will the East Harlem explosion affect...
- Video: Building explosion rattles East Harlem
- Video: De Blasio: Gas leak complaint came in 15...
- Video: Residents near East Harlem explosion...
- Video: Woman hears East Harlem Explosion, thought...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape 4 min ago