Northern Suburbs News
Employees assaulted during Yonkers Lord & Taylor robbery
YONKERS (WABC) -- Police in Westchester County are searching for 3 brazen masked man who burst into a Lord and Taylor in Yonkers and assaulted an employee.
Police believe the men were armed and damaged a display case but they left without taking anything.
The robbery took place hours before the start of business, but there were already people inside the Lord & Taylor in Yonkers. It was just after 6am when three suspects forced their way in through the employee entrance in the rear of the building.
Police say the men wore dark clothing and white masks when they went into the store where there were some workers and cleaning staff. One male and one female employee were assaulted, both receiving minor injuries.
The department store is one anchor tenant in the Sprawling Ridge Hill shopping center.
The complex opened less than a year and a half ago. It sits on 81-acres along the New York State thruway and features several high end retailers. Ridge Hill is essentially an outdoor mall is designed like a small downtown it has its own security force, which tried to keep our cameras away almost with comical results.
Though shoppers say there's nothing funny about a brazen armed robbery.
Police say the suspects broke open a number of jewelry display cases, though it does not appear anything was actually stolen. Investigators are reviewing surveillance footage taken from security cameras throughout the complex...especially one near the point of entry.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Large explosion, fire in East Harlem; at least 11 hurt 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live! 35 min ago
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 1 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25