Northern Suburbs News
Elderly woman, adult disabled daughter die in fire
NEW CITY (WABC) -- Police are investigating a deadly fire that claimed the life of two people in Rockland County early Thursday.
An elderly woman and her adult disabled daughter died after flames engulfed their Stratford Place home in New City just after midnight.
Police identified the victims as 79-year-old Barbara Calise and 54-year-old Yvonee Calise.
It took roughly 100 firefighters almost an hour to get the fire under control.
Authorities believe the fire started in the basement and do not believe it to be suspicious at this time.
The cause is under investigation. Officials said there is no evidence of working smoke detectors in the home.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new city, rockland county, fire, deadly fire, northern suburbs news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler 19 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident 11 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 49 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 50 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
19 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos