Northern Suburbs News
Two arrested in Yonkers Lord & Taylor robbery
YONKERS (WABC) -- Police in Westchester County have arrested two people they say who bursted into a Lord and Taylor in Yonkers and assaulted an employee.
The alleged robbery took place early Wednesday morning.
The suspects are identified as 22 year old Michael Montes and 21 year old Julian McClendon.
The reported vehicle the suspects were seen fleeing in has also been recovered and is being processed.
The robbery took place hours before the start of business, but there were already people inside the Lord & Taylor in Yonkers. It was just after 6am when three suspects forced their way in through the employee entrance in the rear of the building.
Police say the men wore dark clothing and white masks when they went into the store where there were some workers and cleaning staff. One male and one female employee were assaulted, both receiving minor injuries.
The department store is one anchor tenant in the Sprawling Ridge Hill shopping center.
The complex opened less than a year and a half ago. It sits on 81-acres along the New York State thruway and features several high end retailers. Ridge Hill is essentially an outdoor mall is designed like a small downtown it has its own security force, which tried to keep our cameras away almost with comical results.
Though shoppers say there's nothing funny about a brazen armed robbery.
Police say the suspects broke open a number of jewelry display cases, though it does not appear anything was actually stolen.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen