Northern Suburbs News
Pair accused of fabricating story about dead baby
PLYMOUTH, Connecticut (WABC) -- A man and woman from Connecticut are in custody, accused of fabricating a story about the death of a baby in 2001.
Rosemary Eaton, 29, said she gave birth to a baby in Plymouth, telling police a friend then helped her bury it.
An investigation went on for six months, but nothing was found.
Eventually, police say Eaton confessed.
The mother of two now claims to suffer from bipolar disorder.
Eaton and Jesse Brown are charged with falsely reporting an incident concerning serious injury or death, as well as two misdemeanor counts of reporting false statements.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, baby, northern suburbs news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 19 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges coming in death of Baruch College student, prosecutor...
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
19 min ago