Northern Suburbs News
Sandy Hook panel to hear from trauma experts
HARTFORD, Conn. -- The 16-member commission created by Gov. Dannel P. Malloy to review the Newtown school shooting is planning to hear from experts in trauma services and school crisis.
The superintendent of schools and recovery coordinator for the Aurora, Colo. public school system will be among those scheduled to testify before the Sandy Hook Advisory Commission on Friday. Aurora was the site of last summer's theater shooting.
Various Connecticut commissioners are expected to appear, as well as an assistant dean and clinical professor at the University of Southern California School of Social Work and the director of the Psychological Services Center and Trauma Response Team of the doctoral psychology program at Long Island University.
Malloy's commission is reviewing current policy and making recommendations on school safety, mental health and gun violence prevention.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, school lockdown, shooting, newtown, newtown school shooting, mass shooting, northern suburbs news
- Snowstorm moves into New York area
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos 9 min ago
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures 9 min ago
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- NJ Transit trains back on schedule after earlier delays 52 min ago
- Snow coming down in New York City 4 min ago
- New Jersey getting hit with another dose of snow 6 min ago
- Snow falling on Long Island
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform
- Driver killed in Queens after crashing into storefront 23 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Snow coming down in New York City
4 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos