Northern Suburbs News
Bank moves to foreclose on Kiss guiltarist in Yorktown
YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- One of the founding members of the rock band Kiss is in danger of losing a Westchester County home to foreclosure.
The Journal News newspaper reports (http://lohud.us/UV6Qqe ) that a bank initiated foreclosure proceedings on Feb. 15 on a Yorktown property owned by former Kiss guitarist Ace Frehley.
The three-bedroom house is in a wooded area off the Taconic State Parkway north of New York City.
U.S. Bank National Association said in a court filing that Frehley stopped paying his mortgage in 2011. The Yorktown tax receiver's office also lists liens for thousands of dollars in unpaid taxes on the house.
An assistant to Frehley didn't immediately respond to an email
Frehley was with Kiss in its 1970s heyday, performing in heavy makeup as a character known as the "Spaceman."
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
yorktown, westchester county, foreclosure, northern suburbs news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 9 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home 48 min ago
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines