Northern Suburbs News
Cops: Meriden woman left toddler alone to go to party
DANBURY -- Danbury police say they arrested a Meriden woman after her 3-year-old child was left alone while she went to a party, and the toddler wandered outside in freezing temperatures.
Police told The News-Times of Danbury that 35-year-old Monica Panora tried to leave the child with the child's uncle so she could go to the party Saturday night. But police say the uncle refused to baby-sit and ended up at the same party as the child's mother, who believed the child could be left sleeping alone.
Authorities say a neighbor called police after seeing the child outside the uncle's home. The temperature was about 32 degrees.
Panora and the uncle, Rafael Freire-Recuenco of Danbury, were charged with risk of injury to a minor. They couldn't be reached for comment.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
connecticut, danbury, child endangerment, northern suburbs news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 47 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos