Northern Suburbs News
Drunk Greenwich teens hospitalized before school dance
GREENWICH -- Greenwich police say they plan to meet with leaders of a local teen center after five youths who attended a high school dance there were hospitalized for alcohol intoxication over the weekend.
Police Chief James Heavey told the Greenwich Time that police officials are expected to meet with leaders of the Arch Street teen center this week to discuss efforts to prevent underage drinking.
First Selectman Peter Tesei says the five youths who were hospitalized after Saturday night's dance were "deeply intoxicated," and two required advanced life support. About 400 teens went to the dance. Police didn't issue any citations.
Teen center Executive Director Kyle Silver says the center has strict no-alcohol policies and had 26 adults helping with security and the checking of bags and coats Saturday night.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
greenwich, connecticut, northern suburbs news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 42 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says 49 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos