Northern Suburbs News
Woman accused of threatening to blow up hospital
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. -- Police say a Connecticut nursing student threatened to blow up a hospital after she wasn't invited to a classmate's wedding.
Thirty-seven-year-old Theresa Burden of Shelton is charged with four counts of threatening.
Police told the Connecticut Post (http://bit.ly/15TjlWw ) that Burden sent a series of threatening letters to St. Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport.
Authorities say Burden started sending the letters on Dec. 20 and signed them with the names of other female nursing students. Police say the first letter threatened to blow up the hospital's nursing school because it was interfering a student's wedding plans.
Police say they asked nursing students to give handwriting samples and Burden confessed when asked for her sample.
Burden posted $50,000 bail. A message seeking comment was left at a phone listing for her Friday.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
bridgeport, threat, hospital, northern suburbs news
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 49 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
49 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos