Northern Suburbs News
Metro-North train kills person on tracks in Darien
DARIEN, Conn. -- Metro-North officials are investigating the death of a person struck by a New Haven Line train near the Noroton Heights stop in Darien.
Officials say the Manhattan-bound train hit the person Monday morning. The investigation is causing delays of up to 10 minutes on westbound and eastbound trains.
Metro-North police are trying to determine the person's identity and why the person was on the tracks.
Officials say eastbound trains won't be stopping at the Noroton Heights, Darien or Rowayton stops. Riders can take an eastbound train to South Norwalk and transfer to a westbound train to get to those three stations.
Commuters at the three affected stations can take a westbound train to Stamford and transfer to an eastbound train for locations east of Darien.
darien, accident, train accident, metro north, northern suburbs news
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers investigated 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment 16 min ago
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt 22 min ago
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers...
48 min ago