Northern Suburbs News
Metro-North train kills person on tracks in Darien
DARIEN, Conn. -- Metro-North officials are investigating the death of a person struck by a New Haven Line train near the Noroton Heights stop in Darien.
Officials say the Manhattan-bound train hit the person Monday morning. The investigation is causing delays of up to 10 minutes on westbound and eastbound trains.
Metro-North police are trying to determine the person's identity and why the person was on the tracks.
Officials say eastbound trains won't be stopping at the Noroton Heights, Darien or Rowayton stops. Riders can take an eastbound train to South Norwalk and transfer to a westbound train to get to those three stations.
Commuters at the three affected stations can take a westbound train to Stamford and transfer to an eastbound train for locations east of Darien.
darien, accident, train accident, metro north, northern suburbs news
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville 5 min ago
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field 16 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos