Northern Suburbs News
New Rochelle player makes incredible buzzer-beater
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- A Westchester County high school basketball player's wild, buzzer-beating shot helped his team clinch the state title, and video of the win has gone viral.
Khalil Edney grabbed a loose ball Sunday and made 55-foot, one-handed heave as time expired to give New Rochelle a 61-60 victory over rival Mt. Vernon in the New York Section 1 Class AA final on Sunday.
Video of the shot became an immediate sensation online.
Duke guard Seth Curry tweeted "Wow!" to go along with a YouTube link for Edney's heave, and New Rochelle alum Ray Rice of the Baltimore Ravens also offered his congratulations online.
The shot was initially waved off, but the referees eventually reversed the call.
new rochelle, white plains, northern suburbs news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- Man caught on camera using cloned ATM card
- BridgeGate panel could call Gov. Chris Christie to testify
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 21 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014