Northern Suburbs News
New Rochelle player makes incredible buzzer-beater
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- A Westchester County high school basketball player's wild, buzzer-beating shot helped his team clinch the state title, and video of the win has gone viral.
Khalil Edney grabbed a loose ball Sunday and made 55-foot, one-handed heave as time expired to give New Rochelle a 61-60 victory over rival Mt. Vernon in the New York Section 1 Class AA final on Sunday.
Video of the shot became an immediate sensation online.
Duke guard Seth Curry tweeted "Wow!" to go along with a YouTube link for Edney's heave, and New Rochelle alum Ray Rice of the Baltimore Ravens also offered his congratulations online.
The shot was initially waved off, but the referees eventually reversed the call.
new rochelle, white plains, northern suburbs news
- Off-duty NYPD officer stabbed in neck in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Cops suspended, they say for serving in military 52 min ago
- Subway service impacted after officer injured in Brooklyn
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 54 min ago
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class 35 min ago
- Volunteers give Vietnam Vet special holiday gift
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos