Northern Suburbs News
Man charged with shooting at New Haven teen
NEW HAVEN -- New Haven police have charged a man with shooting at a Wilbur Cross High School basketball player after a game this week in what authorities believe was a gang-related dispute.
Police say the 17-year-old student and his father were walking outside the school after Monday night's game when three men approached and one of them opened fire. No one was injured.
Officers charged 19-year-old Trea Fraser with attempted first-degree assault and other crimes early Tuesday morning. Police say Fraser is currently on probation for a gun charge.
Police say they believe the shooting was part of a gang-related dispute involving Fraser and the student.
Fraser is detained on $500,000 bail. It's not clear if he has a lawyer.
new haven, connecticut, shooting, northern suburbs news
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos