Northern Suburbs News
Amtrak trains running again after derailment
NEW HAVEN -- Amtrak trains are running again between Manhattan and Boston after a derailment halted service for most of the day.
A freight train derailed near New Haven Sunday morning, blocking the tracks. The cars were empty when they derailed, and there were no injuries.
The first north bound train left Penn station just after 5 p.m.
Amtrak says there will be some residual delays in service.
amtrak, new haven, train accident, northern suburbs news
- At least 3 dead, 69 hurt in East Harlem explosion
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two East Harlem explosion victims identified
- Survivors describe explosion in East Harlem
- Dozens homeless after East Harlem buildings destroyed
- Video: 2 men describe pulling child out of rubble
- Investigators focus on an old cast-iron gas pipeline
- Video: East Harlem Explosion on social media
- Video: Damage throughout neighborhood after East...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- Metro-North service restored after East Harlem explosion
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape