Northern Suburbs News
Another snow storm in a place ready for spring
NANUET (WABC) -- There was one more blast of snow on Tuesday afternoon, and some more accidents on still slick Route 17 in Orange County.
Luckily, a high school student was able to walk away from one spinout. Just a few yards away a multicar pileup ended with one vehicle in the woods. Again, everyone escaped with only minor injuries. Treacherous conditions kept tow truck operators busy.
The calendar may read mid-march, but it looked more like January in Goshen. Several inches of snow led to delayed school openings and left residents grabbing the shovel one more time.
For contractors the snow means big business. John Nowicki started at 2:30 in the morning clearing commercial parking lots and driveways.
Huge snow piles, some as high as 7 feet, lined the sides of Route 59 in Nanuet as plows worked to clear the 5 inches of heavy snow that fell.
Some highway lanes were closed because of tractor-trailer accidents, and many schools were opening late in Connecticut.
rockland county, snow, snow storm, westchester county, ulster county, putnam county, connecticut, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- 9 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Bronx cell phone store robber caught on camera
- Disturbing details emerge about suspected Etan Patz killer
- Rangel expected to announce run for 23rd term
- Jersey City boil water advisory in effect after main break
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013