Northern Suburbs News
Another snow storm in a place ready for spring
NANUET (WABC) -- There was one more blast of snow on Tuesday afternoon, and some more accidents on still slick Route 17 in Orange County.
Luckily, a high school student was able to walk away from one spinout. Just a few yards away a multicar pileup ended with one vehicle in the woods. Again, everyone escaped with only minor injuries. Treacherous conditions kept tow truck operators busy.
The calendar may read mid-march, but it looked more like January in Goshen. Several inches of snow led to delayed school openings and left residents grabbing the shovel one more time.
For contractors the snow means big business. John Nowicki started at 2:30 in the morning clearing commercial parking lots and driveways.
Huge snow piles, some as high as 7 feet, lined the sides of Route 59 in Nanuet as plows worked to clear the 5 inches of heavy snow that fell.
Some highway lanes were closed because of tractor-trailer accidents, and many schools were opening late in Connecticut.
rockland county, snow, snow storm, westchester county, ulster county, putnam county, connecticut, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments 51 min ago
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school 28 min ago
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT 3 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos