Northern Suburbs News
Another snow storm in a place ready for spring
NANUET (WABC) -- There was one more blast of snow on Tuesday afternoon, and some more accidents on still slick Route 17 in Orange County.
Luckily, a high school student was able to walk away from one spinout. Just a few yards away a multicar pileup ended with one vehicle in the woods. Again, everyone escaped with only minor injuries. Treacherous conditions kept tow truck operators busy.
The calendar may read mid-march, but it looked more like January in Goshen. Several inches of snow led to delayed school openings and left residents grabbing the shovel one more time.
For contractors the snow means big business. John Nowicki started at 2:30 in the morning clearing commercial parking lots and driveways.
Huge snow piles, some as high as 7 feet, lined the sides of Route 59 in Nanuet as plows worked to clear the 5 inches of heavy snow that fell.
Some highway lanes were closed because of tractor-trailer accidents, and many schools were opening late in Connecticut.
rockland county, snow, snow storm, westchester county, ulster county, putnam county, connecticut, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Child, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 28 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 6 min ago
- Missing jet drastically veered off course 3 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
6 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos