Northern Suburbs News
Rockland County student dies of bacterial meningitis
GARNERVILLE (WABC) -- A student at a Rockland County elementary school has died from a case of bacterial meningitis, officials said on Monday.
Parents of children at St. Gregory Barbarigo School in Garnerville received a notice by the health department about the death.
Officials said at a morning news conference that the victim is a 12 year old girl and a 6th grader at the school.
Health officials say they are treating at least 33 people with antibiotics that were close contact with the girl.
rockland county, meningitis, northern suburbs news
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville 40 min ago
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field 51 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos