Northern Suburbs News
Hit and run injures 10 year old boy in Irvington
IRVINGTON (WABC) -- The first and most important point to mention is that Anthony Stegeman is fine.
He has a sore thigh, but was able to walk away from this accident.
Look closely on the video you can see a car hit the 10-year old boy.
The accident happened Friday afternoon. Anthony went into a stationary store on Main Street in Irvington to buy a drink. The same camera that shows him at the counter is the one that captured what happened when he left. In the footage you can see the front of the vehicle come into view and slam into Anthony.
The fifth grader says he landed on his arms, which stopped his head from hitting the ground.
The driver of the car stopped, but only briefly.
Once Anthony was back on his feet, the vehicle kept going. The intersection is a busy one, but those who witnessed the accident were more focused on the child's well-being, than getting a license plate.
Police are looking for the driver who could be charged with leaving the scene of an accident.
irvington, westchester county, accident, hit and run accident, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92 39 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 26 min ago