Northern Suburbs News
Cops: Connecticut man abducted, forced to empty deposit box
FAIRFIELD -- Police are searching for a suspect accused of kidnapping a man at gunpoint in Bridgeport and forcing him to empty his safe deposit box at a Fairfield bank. Officers captured a second suspect outside the bank.
Authorities say the robbers abducted the man on East Main Street in Bridgeport on Monday and took him to a TD Bank branch in Fairfield on Black Rock Turnpike. Police responded to the bank at about 2 p.m. when someone reported there was a man with a gun in the safe deposit box area.
Two Fairfield officers who were working a private duty job were in the area and responded to the call.
They apprehended one of the suspects, Alfred Capozziello. Police say he admitted to threatening to harm the victim.
No one was injured in the heist.
Police believe the suspects knew the victim and knew he had a safe deposit box.
Capozziello is charged with Criminal Attempt to Commit Robbery 2nd, Unlawful Restraint 2nd, Threatening 2nd and Breach of Peace.
The second suspect fled the scene in a Mercedes and is still being sought. He has been described as a Hispanic male.
Poilce say the victim had been at his home in Bridgeport when the two men, one of whom he knew as Capozziello, entered his house and demanded at gunpoint that he accompany them to a bank to withdraw money.
fairfield, connecticut, kidnapping, robbery, northern suburbs news
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers investigated
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment 38 min ago
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt 44 min ago
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams