Northern Suburbs News
Sketch of suspect in shooting of pregnant woman
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
YONKERS (WABC) -- Police in Yonkers have released a sketch of the man they are hunting for in the shooting of a pregnant woman in February.
It happened just inside the vestibule of her apartment building at 541 Bronx River Road. Police say the woman, who was 9 months pregnant, was shot once in the upper stomach area. She was taken to Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx, where doctors performed an emergency caesarian section to deliver the baby. The mother and the baby girl both survived the shooting. Investigators do not believe this to be a random shooting. Police say the victim was carrying a laundry bag as she walked through the building's first set of doors. The suspect was standing near the intercom system. Police say a nearby surveillance camera captured most of the incident that ended with the suspect firing one shot. He then fled the scene toward Edgewood Avenue. "She recognized me and said please help me," said a neighbor. "And I'm holding her hand, and she told me she got shot." The woman lives alone in the building, and residents say she had just moved in a few months ago. Anyone who has information can speak to Yonkers detectives at 914-377-7724, all calls will remain confidential. Anonymous tips can also be sent to the YPD by texting "ypd" + your tip to 847411.
(Copyright ©2013 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
yonkers, shooting, northern suburbs news
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos 21 min ago
- Woman dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 32 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- Baruch frat involved in hazing death gets lifetime ban
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years 46 min ago
Eyewitness News Links