Northern Suburbs News
3 families homeless after raging fire in Mount Vernon
MOUNT VERNON (WABC) -- Three families in Westchester County are homeless after a huge fire tore through their houses Tuesday night.
The three-alarm blaze broke out on Beechwood Avenue in Mount Vernon around 6 p.m. and quickly spread to two neighboring buildings.
Everyone managed to get out safely and no injuries were reported, but one firefighter had to be treated for heat exhaustion.
The speed of the fire surprised people in the neighborhood and sent residents scrambling into the streets.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
mount vernon, fire, westchester county, northern suburbs news
- 3 critical after fire tears through Brooklyn home 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique 58 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- MTA launches new apps for LIRR, Metro-North riders 52 min ago
- New York Army cadet accused of emailing child porn
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident