Northern Suburbs News
3 families homeless after raging fire in Mount Vernon
MOUNT VERNON (WABC) -- Three families in Westchester County are homeless after a huge fire tore through their houses Tuesday night.
The three-alarm blaze broke out on Beechwood Avenue in Mount Vernon around 6 p.m. and quickly spread to two neighboring buildings.
Everyone managed to get out safely and no injuries were reported, but one firefighter had to be treated for heat exhaustion.
The speed of the fire surprised people in the neighborhood and sent residents scrambling into the streets.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
mount vernon, fire, westchester county, northern suburbs news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week 20 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet 33 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx 7 min ago
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Vietnam says cannot find object from...
33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
20 min ago