Northern Suburbs News
3 families homeless after raging fire in Mount Vernon
MOUNT VERNON (WABC) -- Three families in Westchester County are homeless after a huge fire tore through their houses Tuesday night.
The three-alarm blaze broke out on Beechwood Avenue in Mount Vernon around 6 p.m. and quickly spread to two neighboring buildings.
Everyone managed to get out safely and no injuries were reported, but one firefighter had to be treated for heat exhaustion.
The speed of the fire surprised people in the neighborhood and sent residents scrambling into the streets.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
mount vernon, fire, westchester county, northern suburbs news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 15 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 20 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- US deploys 600 troops to Ukraine border nations
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens 17 min ago
- Jet stowaway spent hours undetected before flight 56 min ago
- NYC among 15 cities being considered for 2016 DNC 37 min ago
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Photos: A look back at the 1964 World's Fair
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
15 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos