Northern Suburbs News
Ex-Yonkers mayor to apologize, city to pay to end suit
YONKERS (WABC) -- It's going to take lots of cash and an apology to settle the legal battle between a strip club owner and the former mayor of Yonkers.
Ex-Mayor Philip Amicone will issue a public apology Wednesday to Sam Zherka, publisher of the Westchester Guardian and co-owner of a Manhattan strip club.
Amicone had called Zherka a thug and convicted drug dealer.
Now, Amicone will take it all back.
The Yonkers City Council will pay $100,000 to end a lawsuit filed by Zherka.
Amicone, whose legal defense was funded by the city, won't be financially liable - even though he was the suit's main target.
He is due to apologize at City Hall at 11 a.m.
yonkers, northern suburbs news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash