Northern Suburbs News
Marist crew team finds giant floating 'head'
POUGHKEEPSIE (WABC) -- Anyone lose a giant head made of Styrofoam and fiberglass?
That's what officials at an upstate New York college are asking after the men's crew team found the unusual object floating in the Hudson River.
Officials at Marist College in Poughkeepsie say the team was practicing earlier this week when the coach spotted a large object floating near the river's west bank. He hooked a rope to it and towed it to the team's dock on the east bank.
The object turned out to be a 7-foot-tall replica of a man's head made with Styrofoam and fiberglass. The head has the appearance of a Greek or Roman-style statue.
College officials believe it's a theater prop, but so far no one has come forward to claim the giant head.
poughkeepsie, northern suburbs news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads 45 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa 7 min ago
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment 38 min ago
- New Jersey black bear hunt set for Monday
- Paul Walker memorial draws thousands in California 56 min ago
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos