Northern Suburbs News
Carmel marks 1 year since deadly fire killed family
CARMEL (WABC) -- Wednesday marks one year since a fire devastated a Putnam County community and nearly killed an entire family.
Larchmont police captain Thomas Sullivan, Sr., his wife Donna and their teenaged daughters Meaghan and Mairead all died whe flames swept through their home in Carmel.
The Sullivan's son, Thomas, Jr., was the lone survivor.
Investigators determined ash from a cigarette smoked by the younger Thomas caused the fire.
It was ruled an accident.
All the victims died from breathing smoke and carbon monoxide as their home was consumed by flames.
putnam county, carmel, fire, collapse, northern suburbs news
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise 33 min ago
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Heroin antidote Narcan saves 6 in Ocean County
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx...
33 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos