Northern Suburbs News
Carmel marks 1 year since deadly fire killed family
CARMEL (WABC) -- Wednesday marks one year since a fire devastated a Putnam County community and nearly killed an entire family.
Larchmont police captain Thomas Sullivan, Sr., his wife Donna and their teenaged daughters Meaghan and Mairead all died whe flames swept through their home in Carmel.
The Sullivan's son, Thomas, Jr., was the lone survivor.
Investigators determined ash from a cigarette smoked by the younger Thomas caused the fire.
It was ruled an accident.
All the victims died from breathing smoke and carbon monoxide as their home was consumed by flames.
putnam county, carmel, fire, collapse, northern suburbs news
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train derailment 38 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fast food workers strike to demand higher wages
- Bill de Blasio to make big announcement Thursday morning
- Springsteen's 'Born to Run' manuscript at NY auction
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight... 55 min ago
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train...
38 min ago