Northern Suburbs News
Police investigating triple murder in Newburgh
NEW BURGH (WABC) -- Police are investigating a triple homicide in Newburgh.
There are tears once again on South William Street because there has been more bloodshed and more deaths.
Overnight, three people were shot and killed in a particularly violent section of Newburgh. The victims: two men and one woman in their 40s and 50s.
The shooting took place before 3:00 Wednesday morning. One of the victims, identified by friends as 43-year-old John Lewis, was known throughout Newburgh simply as "fo-fo" - a handyman who did odd jobs around the city.
"He would help you out anytime you asked him to help you," one woman said. "He helped me move several times. He was a nice guy. It was senseless to me. I have no idea who would want to harm him or anything like that."
The other male victim is identified as Henry Travis Blue. His white truck was parked by the crime scene. The 52-year old was a landscaper and collected scrap metal throughout town.
The woman who was killed was identified as 52-year-old Pamela Jenkins.
The killings come just two weeks after a federal judge labeled Newburgh the most pathetic place in the state of New York. The comments made while sentencing a gang leader drew criticism from many residents who point to the city's picturesque waterfront and landmarks.
The investigation is ongoing. No suspects have been identified, and authorities do not know if this was a robbery or possibly drug-related.
orange county, newburgh, murder, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos