Northern Suburbs News
Police investigating triple murder in Newburgh
NEW BURGH (WABC) -- Police are investigating a triple homicide in Newburgh.
There are tears once again on South William Street because there has been more bloodshed and more deaths.
Overnight, three people were shot and killed in a particularly violent section of Newburgh. The victims: two men and one woman in their 40s and 50s.
The shooting took place before 3:00 Wednesday morning. One of the victims, identified by friends as 43-year-old John Lewis, was known throughout Newburgh simply as "fo-fo" - a handyman who did odd jobs around the city.
"He would help you out anytime you asked him to help you," one woman said. "He helped me move several times. He was a nice guy. It was senseless to me. I have no idea who would want to harm him or anything like that."
The other male victim is identified as Henry Travis Blue. His white truck was parked by the crime scene. The 52-year old was a landscaper and collected scrap metal throughout town.
The woman who was killed was identified as 52-year-old Pamela Jenkins.
The killings come just two weeks after a federal judge labeled Newburgh the most pathetic place in the state of New York. The comments made while sentencing a gang leader drew criticism from many residents who point to the city's picturesque waterfront and landmarks.
The investigation is ongoing. No suspects have been identified, and authorities do not know if this was a robbery or possibly drug-related.
orange county, newburgh, murder, northern suburbs news, marcus solis
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case 1 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- UPS facility fire damages packages on Long Island 1 min ago
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 4 min ago
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- Bill Bratton tapped to return as NYPD commisioner
- World Cup teams hoping for luck of the draw
- Bob Dylan's Newport electric guitar for sale
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
4 min ago