Northern Suburbs News
Norovirus confirmed at Westchester Hilton
WESTCHESTER COUNTY -- The Westchester County Health Department says a hotel is undergoing an industrial cleaning after hundreds of people got sick with norovirus.
About 100 people who attended an April 20 fundraiser at the Hilton in Rye Brook complained of stomach ailments. Another 200 people reported illness after attending a sorority brunch last weekend.
The Health Department says hotel managers have been "extremely cooperative" in implementing its recommendations.
Banquet and kitchen staff have been placed on a 72-hour, paid furlough. Food preparation procedures have been changed as a precaution.
The hotel said it was "fully cooperating" with the department to make sure the cause of the illness is found and the situation dealt with quickly.
Norovirus is highly contagious and often spreads in places like schools, cruise ships and nursing homes.
rye, westchester county, hotel, northern suburbs news
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway