Northern Suburbs News
Search for hit and run driver that struck 2-year-old
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (WABC) -- Police were out on the streets in Connecticut Tuesday night, stopping cars and going door-to-door in neighborhoods hoping to track down a driver who struck a 2-year-old boy.
The boy remains in critical condition after being hit last Tuesday in Bridgeport.
On Capitol Avenue in Bridgeport, police officers stopped motorists to hand out fliers as they intensified their search for a hit and run driver.
This is what law enforcement does when the trail goes cold.
It is old fashioned police work with officers hitting as many homes in this area as possible. They are trying to generate leads that will take them one step closer to catching the person who hit Erica Parmlee's son and kept right on going.
2-year-old Corey Gordon is in the hospital fighting for his life.
"My heart is broken, my baby is in the hospital bed," Parmlee said.
Police have been trying to determine exactly what happened a week ago.
It was 9 p.m. and Erica and her son Corey were getting out of a car on the busy Bridgeport street.
"Had the baby still in her hand when he was struck," said Chief Joseph Gaudett, Bridgeport Police.
Police came back to the scene a week later almost to the minute the accident happened.
The police chief told Eyewitness News he and his officers are hoping to get a break.
"We're hoping we're going to get lucky," Gaudett said.
The victim's mother headed back to the hospital to take her son's hand, hoping that he will pull through.
"Nothing I can do but pray and that's what I've been doing," Parmlee said.
bridgeport, connecticut, child injured, hit and run accident, northern suburbs news, jeff pegues
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos