Northern Suburbs News
New charges against woman involved in alleged Newtown scam
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York City prosecutors say a woman has been charged with fraud for posing as the aunt of a Connecticut school shooting victim and soliciting donations.
Nouel Alba was indicted Tuesday on identity theft and fraud charges in the Bronx. Prosecutors say she pretended to be the aunt of 6-year-old victim Noah Pozner. She was accused of using her Facebook account, telephone calls and text messages to seek donations for what she called a "funeral fund."
Alba was first arrested in December on charges she lied to federal officials about the case. Her lawyer didn't immediately return a call seeking comment.
Twenty children and six adults were killed on Dec. 14 when a gunman opened fire at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., before killing himself.
northern suburbs news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 4 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Golden Globes nominations announced 27 min ago
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating 15 min ago
- Baby it's cold outside!
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss 32 min ago
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code 40 min ago
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
4 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos