Northern Suburbs News
Body found in Connecticut woods ID'd as missing student Alyssiah Wiley
TRUMBULL -- Forensic DNA testing has shown that human remains founds in the woods near the Bridgeport-Trumbull line are those of the missing Eastern Connecticut State University student Alyssiah Wiley, state police announced Saturday.
The Connecticut State Forensic Lab in Meriden identified the remains found off Quarry Road in Trumbull as those of 20-year-old Wiley, State Police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance said in a statement.
Wiley was reported missing from the school in Willimantic on April 24. She last seen April 20 in Willimantic en route to the university's campus.
State police, working with cadaver-sniffing dogs together with search-and-rescue canines, found the remains Friday. A dive team searched nearby Bunnell Pond in Bridgeport on Thursday.
Campus and state police have searched the area and other parts of the state. Troopers have used search dogs and aircraft and interviewed numerous people who know Wiley.
Police also found a black Nissan Altima last week near the Bridgeport-Fairfield line that they said was connected to the case, but officials wouldn't say how it was related.
A medical examiner will conduct an autopsy to determine the manner and cause of death.
Vance say police are continuing the criminal investigation. He did not provide additional details.
connecticut, missing person, body found, northern suburbs news
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 24 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- 14.5 pound baby born in Boston
- 2 injured in elevator accident in Manhattan building
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos