Northern Suburbs News
Body found in Connecticut woods ID'd as missing student Alyssiah Wiley
TRUMBULL -- Forensic DNA testing has shown that human remains founds in the woods near the Bridgeport-Trumbull line are those of the missing Eastern Connecticut State University student Alyssiah Wiley, state police announced Saturday.
The Connecticut State Forensic Lab in Meriden identified the remains found off Quarry Road in Trumbull as those of 20-year-old Wiley, State Police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance said in a statement.
Wiley was reported missing from the school in Willimantic on April 24. She last seen April 20 in Willimantic en route to the university's campus.
State police, working with cadaver-sniffing dogs together with search-and-rescue canines, found the remains Friday. A dive team searched nearby Bunnell Pond in Bridgeport on Thursday.
Campus and state police have searched the area and other parts of the state. Troopers have used search dogs and aircraft and interviewed numerous people who know Wiley.
Police also found a black Nissan Altima last week near the Bridgeport-Fairfield line that they said was connected to the case, but officials wouldn't say how it was related.
A medical examiner will conduct an autopsy to determine the manner and cause of death.
Vance say police are continuing the criminal investigation. He did not provide additional details.
connecticut, missing person, body found, northern suburbs news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- Sketch released of suspect wanted in luring
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel