Northern Suburbs News
Body found in Connecticut woods ID'd as missing student Alyssiah Wiley
TRUMBULL -- Forensic DNA testing has shown that human remains founds in the woods near the Bridgeport-Trumbull line are those of the missing Eastern Connecticut State University student Alyssiah Wiley, state police announced Saturday.
The Connecticut State Forensic Lab in Meriden identified the remains found off Quarry Road in Trumbull as those of 20-year-old Wiley, State Police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance said in a statement.
Wiley was reported missing from the school in Willimantic on April 24. She last seen April 20 in Willimantic en route to the university's campus.
State police, working with cadaver-sniffing dogs together with search-and-rescue canines, found the remains Friday. A dive team searched nearby Bunnell Pond in Bridgeport on Thursday.
Campus and state police have searched the area and other parts of the state. Troopers have used search dogs and aircraft and interviewed numerous people who know Wiley.
Police also found a black Nissan Altima last week near the Bridgeport-Fairfield line that they said was connected to the case, but officials wouldn't say how it was related.
A medical examiner will conduct an autopsy to determine the manner and cause of death.
Vance say police are continuing the criminal investigation. He did not provide additional details.
connecticut, missing person, body found, northern suburbs news
- Snowstorm moves into New York area
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos 31 min ago
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures 31 min ago
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- NJ Transit delays due to problems on Portal Bridge
- Snow coming down in New York City 47 min ago
- New Jersey getting hit with another dose of snow
- Snow falling on Long Island 7 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial 5 min ago
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform
- Port Authority relocating owls that are threat to planes
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service 10 min ago
- Snow coming down in New York City
47 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos