Northern Suburbs News
3 in custody in connection to Yonkers man's death
YONKERS (WABC) -- Three men are in custody in connection to a Yonkers man stabbed to death on Winnebago Road.
The victim has been identified as 49-year-old Henry DiMatteo, who lived on Winnedbago Road.
The incident happened around 7:30 p.m. on Saturday night when police received numerous phone calls about a man down in the street. When police arrived, the victim had serious stab wounds to his chest and arm. They immediately began CPR as additional units arrived at the scene.
DiMatteo was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.
A police officer that was searching the area took 3 men into custody near McIntyre Street and Gard Avenue. They were being questioned.
Police believe this was not a random incident and the investigation is active and ongoing.
Charges have not been filed.
yonkers, stabbing, murder, northern suburbs news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 48 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train 10 min ago
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents 30 min ago
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines