Northern Suburbs News
Measles alert issed in Rockland County
SPRING VALLEY (WABC) -- A health alert has been issued after someone with measles visited several locations in Rockland County.
The Rockland County Department of Health says they want to speak with you if you were at Toys 4 U or Supreme Health Food Center, located at 27 Orchard Street, Monsey, NY10952 (Shoppers Haven Mall) on Monday, May 20th between 6 - 8:15 PM, or the Hatzlacha Grocery Store, located at 80 West Street, Spring Valley, NY 10977, on Wednesday, May 22nd between 1:30 - 4:30 PM. You may be at risk for contracting measles.
Young children, pregnant women and people with compromised immune systems are at a higher risk of developing the disease.
Anyone who may have been in the store at the time should contact county officials for more information.
rockland county, spring valley, measles, northern suburbs news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 35 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death 19 min ago
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Charges expected in fraternity death
19 min ago
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
35 min ago