Northern Suburbs News
Victim identified in Connecticut police shooting
RIDGEFIELD, Conn. (WABC) -- Connecticut state police have identified a Ridgefield man who was fatally shot by police at his home.
Police responded to the home on Ridgebury Road around 5:15 p.m. Friday.
Police said Sunday that officers were responding to an emergency call reporting a possible domestic incident involving John Valluzzo.Authorities say a Ridgefield police officer opened fire after the 75-year-old Valluzzo refused to obey orders to put down his handgun and instead raised the weapon toward police. He was declared dead on Friday evening at Danbury Hospital. State police are investigating the circumstances surrounding at the request of the Danbury state's attorney and Ridgefield police chief. The identity of the Ridgefield officer involved has not been released.
The officer was not injured at the scene but was taken to Danbury Hospital where he was treated and released.
ridgefield, connecticut, police shooting, northern suburbs news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges coming in death of Baruch College student, prosecutor... 47 min ago
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted 26 min ago
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral 55 min ago
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Charges coming in death of Baruch College...
47 min ago