Northern Suburbs News
Victim identified in Connecticut police shooting
RIDGEFIELD, Conn. (WABC) -- Connecticut state police have identified a Ridgefield man who was fatally shot by police at his home.
Police responded to the home on Ridgebury Road around 5:15 p.m. Friday.
Police said Sunday that officers were responding to an emergency call reporting a possible domestic incident involving John Valluzzo.Authorities say a Ridgefield police officer opened fire after the 75-year-old Valluzzo refused to obey orders to put down his handgun and instead raised the weapon toward police. He was declared dead on Friday evening at Danbury Hospital. State police are investigating the circumstances surrounding at the request of the Danbury state's attorney and Ridgefield police chief. The identity of the Ridgefield officer involved has not been released.
The officer was not injured at the scene but was taken to Danbury Hospital where he was treated and released.
ridgefield, connecticut, police shooting, northern suburbs news
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims 3 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- NJ man dies in Long Island Sound canoe accident
- March Madness-style bracket rates high school girls
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos