Northern Suburbs News
Man fatally shot by police officer in New Rochelle
NEW ROCHELLE (WABC) -- Police in Westchester County fatally shot a man who they say lunged at officers with a knife.
New Rochelle Police describe the man, who is identified as 48-year-old Samuel Cruz, as "emotionally disturbed".
After police forced their way into his Hickory Street apartment, they say they tried to subdue him with a taser, but that didn't work.
When Cruz allegedly came at police with a knife, an officer fired a single shot, killing him.
It is still unclear who made the original call to police.
new rochelle, westchester county, shooting, police shooting, police, northern suburbs news
- Jersey City water main break affecting service 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming 11 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 40 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral to be held Wednesday
- Video: Queens robber squirts clerk with lighter fluid
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup...
11 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos