Northern Suburbs News
Man fatally shot by police officer in New Rochelle
NEW ROCHELLE (WABC) -- Police in Westchester County fatally shot a man who they say lunged at officers with a knife.
New Rochelle Police describe the man, who is identified as 48-year-old Samuel Cruz, as "emotionally disturbed".
After police forced their way into his Hickory Street apartment, they say they tried to subdue him with a taser, but that didn't work.
When Cruz allegedly came at police with a knife, an officer fired a single shot, killing him.
It is still unclear who made the original call to police.
new rochelle, westchester county, shooting, police shooting, police, northern suburbs news
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 11 min ago
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath & Beyond
- High winds damage power lines, Bed, Bath & Beyond store 24 min ago
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- Alleged drunk driver rams crowd, kills 2 at SXSW in Texas