Northern Suburbs News
Rye Country Day School evacuated due to threat
RYE (WABC) -- Police in Rye, Westchester County are investigating an incident that sparked the evacuation of Rye Country Day School, according to officials.
Officials in Rye say someone phoned in a bomb threat to the private school on Grandview Avenue sparking the evacuation around 12:50 p.m. on Monday.
Police in Rye conducted a search of the school. Authorities said nothing was found.
Investigators said that the threat was tied to a scam targeting an employee at the school.
However, Rye City School District followed police recommendations to suspend all outdoor activities in the District for the remainder of the afternoon, including after-school activities.
Officials stressed there was no cause for concern within the district and that the action was merely a precaution.
Rye Country Day School is not part of the district. It is a private school.
rye, westchester county, bomb scare, school evacuation, northern suburbs news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 32 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 16 min ago
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 15 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 13 min ago
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 32 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
32 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
13 min ago