Northern Suburbs News
Rye Country Day School evacuated due to threat
RYE (WABC) -- Police in Rye, Westchester County are investigating an incident that sparked the evacuation of Rye Country Day School, according to officials.
Officials in Rye say someone phoned in a bomb threat to the private school on Grandview Avenue sparking the evacuation around 12:50 p.m. on Monday.
Police in Rye conducted a search of the school. Authorities said nothing was found.
Investigators said that the threat was tied to a scam targeting an employee at the school.
However, Rye City School District followed police recommendations to suspend all outdoor activities in the District for the remainder of the afternoon, including after-school activities.
Officials stressed there was no cause for concern within the district and that the action was merely a precaution.
Rye Country Day School is not part of the district. It is a private school.
rye, westchester county, bomb scare, school evacuation, northern suburbs news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Man says he was unjustly pepper sprayed by police
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing Muslim girl
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos