Northern Suburbs News
Conn. woman accused of crushing her ex with car
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. -- Relatives of a Connecticut woman charged with killing her ex-boyfriend with her car say he had choked her with a belt and she drove at him to try to save her life.
Twenty-one-year-old Cherelle Baldwin of Bridgeport was arraigned on a murder charge in state court Tuesday in the death of 24-year-old Jeffrey Brown, the father of her toddler son.
She's detained on $1 million bail.
Police say Baldwin ran down Brown with her car and crushed him against a wall in Bridgeport on May 18.
She was arrested Monday after a three-week investigation.
Baldwin's cousin tells WFSB-TV that Baldwin and Brown had a history of domestic violence and Baldwin was trying to save her own life after being choked by Brown.
Brown's family denies that claim.
bridgeport, murder, northern suburbs news
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots! 21 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion 3 min ago
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire 5 min ago
- Photos: Family escapes Yonkers fire 7 min ago
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in 53 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy
- Interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a 'fake'
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion 17 min ago
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
21 min ago