Northern Suburbs News
Two sisters found after vanishing from Yonkers home
YONKERS (WABC) -- A Yonkers neighborhood was troubled and worried, wondering how two girls, ages 13 and 6 could disappear for almost 24 hours.
The two sisters, 13-year-old Christina Quires and 6-year-old Rhianna McBean were found Sunday afternoon. Police say the girls spent the night in a nearby park.
Officials say the girls do not appear to be injured.
Both girls were last seen in the area around Willow Street on Saturday night.
"She's a 6-year-old, she's a little girl. She's probably hungry, I don't know, I can't explain it," said the missing girls' mother, Nicolar Hoilett.
Police responded in full force. They flooded the neighborhood, going door-to-door and passing out flyers. The county called in a bloodhound to help. A helicopter circled the area for much of Sunday afternoon.
yonkers, missing children, missing person, northern suburbs news, dave evans
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze being laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Arrests in counterfeit health and beauty products case 22 min ago
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Orange County school evacuated after ceiling collapse
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos