Northern Suburbs News
Two sisters found after vanishing from Yonkers home
YONKERS (WABC) -- A Yonkers neighborhood was troubled and worried, wondering how two girls, ages 13 and 6 could disappear for almost 24 hours.
The two sisters, 13-year-old Christina Quires and 6-year-old Rhianna McBean were found Sunday afternoon. Police say the girls spent the night in a nearby park.
Officials say the girls do not appear to be injured.
Both girls were last seen in the area around Willow Street on Saturday night.
"She's a 6-year-old, she's a little girl. She's probably hungry, I don't know, I can't explain it," said the missing girls' mother, Nicolar Hoilett.
Police responded in full force. They flooded the neighborhood, going door-to-door and passing out flyers. The county called in a bloodhound to help. A helicopter circled the area for much of Sunday afternoon.
yonkers, missing children, missing person, northern suburbs news, dave evans
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet 27 min ago
- Paterson fire guts 3 buildings, displaces families
- 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners recalled
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 41 min ago
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show 18 min ago
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos