Northern Suburbs News
Two sisters found after vanishing from Yonkers home
YONKERS (WABC) -- A Yonkers neighborhood was troubled and worried, wondering how two girls, ages 13 and 6 could disappear for almost 24 hours.
The two sisters, 13-year-old Christina Quires and 6-year-old Rhianna McBean were found Sunday afternoon. Police say the girls spent the night in a nearby park.
Officials say the girls do not appear to be injured.
Both girls were last seen in the area around Willow Street on Saturday night.
"She's a 6-year-old, she's a little girl. She's probably hungry, I don't know, I can't explain it," said the missing girls' mother, Nicolar Hoilett.
Police responded in full force. They flooded the neighborhood, going door-to-door and passing out flyers. The county called in a bloodhound to help. A helicopter circled the area for much of Sunday afternoon.
yonkers, missing children, missing person, northern suburbs news, dave evans
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Princeton to begin meningitis B vaccinations Monday
- Joe Torre elected to Baseball Hall of Fame 3 min ago
- Paul Walker memorial draws thousands in California
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold 37 min ago
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos