Northern Suburbs News
Body found in lake where Connecticut photographer went missing
NEW MILFORD -- Authorities have recovered a body from a lake near where a commercial photographer was reported missing last week.
Connecticut's Department of Energy and Environmental Protection says the body was pulled Tuesday from Lake Lillinonah in Bridgewater after a homeowner spotted it from a dock.
The body was transferred to the chief medical examiner for identification.
Police have been searching for 33-year-old Eric Langlois of New Milford since he went missing a week ago. He had told his wife he was heading to the Housatonic (hoos-uh-TAH'-nihk) River to retrieve a lost bicycle.
Police say Langlois crashed a mountain bike on June 10 in the river, which was swollen from heavy rains. But he managed to swim to shore. He told his wife he was going back the next day to look for the bicycle.
connecticut, new milford, missing person, northern suburbs news
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest 17 min ago
- FSU's Jameis Winston not charged in sex assault case
- Alleged assault of Seton Hall student may be captured on video
- Carteret freight train derailment: Turnpike reopens
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Fast food workers demonstrate to demand higher wages
- Graduation day for new class of FDNY firefighters 35 min ago
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos